Search Articles: Home About Us Our Community Contact Us Article Submission   Advertising Info  
 
Auto Savvy

Business and Finance

Creative Cooks

Family and Parenting

Health and Nutrition

Legal Information

Beauty and Fashion

Sports and Fitness

Women Of The Month

Home and Garden

Relationships

Motivation and Inspiration

Travel and Adventure

Technology Today

Society

It's Only Days Until Susan G. Komen Denver Race for the Cure On Oct. 4

Time is running out. Only a few days remain to register to run…or walk…in the 17th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®. Register online at www.komendenver.org

WHAT: The 17th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®.

WHERE: The 5K run/walk starts and finishes at the Pepsi Center with participants able to join in either a Co-Ed 5K Run at 7 am or a Co-Ed Walk at 8 am.

WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 4

HOW: Register at www.komendenver.org

Denver has one of the largest Komen Race for the Cures in the country with nearly 64,000 participating in last year’s race. Seventy-five percent of the net proceeds from the Race stays in the 12-county service area that the Denver Affiliate serves to fund breast health education, breast cancer screening and treatment projects. The remaining 25 percent goes Susan G. Komen for the Cure to fund research.

Those interested in joining Denver’s Race for the Cure® can register online at www.komendenver.org until Friday, Oct. 2 at 5 pm. Participants can also participate in Walk-In registrations until 12 pm on Friday, Oct. 2. The only Walk-In Registration location open on Saturday, Oct. 3 will be at the Pepsi Center from 1 to 5 pm. Registrants can also do Walk-Up registrations the morning of the Race beginning at 6 a.m.

“Last year’s fantastic participation in Denver’s Race for the Cure® enabled us to distribute $2.83 million dollars to nonprofits across 12 Colorado counties,apostrophe said Race co-chair Rhonda Mickelson. “This year we’re asking everyone to increase their fundraising 17 percent to mark the Race’s 17th year in Denver, which will help us meet the growing need our organization is seeing.apostrophe

“Each of our runners, walkers, volunteers and sponsors represent a commitment to finding the cures for breast cancer. This is a winnable fight, and we are honored by those who are helping us win it,apostrophe says co-chair Nanette Doyle.

Not racing? Participants can also Sleep in for the Cure at www.komendenver.org , or visit the Race page to sponsor a participant. This is also the first year the Komen Denver Affiliate will be offering its Text to Give program. Donors text the word Denver to give $5 from their mobile. When prompted, reply with YES to complete their one-time $5 gift.***

Entry fees are $35 for adults, $25 for children 18 and under and adults 65 and older. Prices increase by $5 on Race weekend.

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Denver Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Komen Denver Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Denver Race for the Cure® and the Pink Tie Affair™, the Komen Denver Affiliate has invested more than $23 million in community breast cancer programs in Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Gilpin, Jefferson, Larimer, Park and Summit Counties. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds raised by the Affiliate stay in the 12 county service area. The remaining 25 percent of net proceeds funds national breast cancer research. The Affiliate has raised $9 million for breast cancer research since its inception. For more information, call 303.744.2088 or visit www.komendenver.org .

*** A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Standard messaging rates and additional fees may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of Denver Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at mGive.com/a . You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 90999.